Buttermilk battered fried chicken. "I love fried chicken and I have heard of using buttermilk just never tried it this way but, sounds really easy and simple and looks delicious." Keep it juicy inside and crispy outside with this buttermilk fried chicken recipe that would make your grandmother proud. After the buttermilk soak, dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour, and fry them in hot oil until crisp and golden. All Reviews for Chef John's Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
Can you brine the chicken in buttermilk beforehand, but use water in the brine and still not lose that. Learn how to make Buttermilk-Battered Oven-Fried Chicken. Soaking the chicken overnight in buttermilk helps tenderize it, and the chicken stays tender when you fry it. You can have Buttermilk battered fried chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Buttermilk battered fried chicken
- Prepare of chicken and batter.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of sr flour.
- You need of spices.
- You need 1/4 cup of Hungarian paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of enough oil to deep fry.
Many recipes call for frying chicken in a cast iron frying pan. Sometimes we use one of our trusty cast iron pans, and sometimes a hard anodized aluminum pan. Add chicken to buttermilk, pepper, garlic mix and stir so that chicken is well coated. Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator several hours or Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture one piece at a time shake off excess liquid and then toss into flour mixture to coat.
Buttermilk battered fried chicken instructions
- Mix the batter ingredients together add chicken.
- Add spices mix all together let marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- When done add to paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat till all is done.
Place each piece on a clean. How to make buttermilk fried chicken tenders. Begin by combining the chicken tenderloins with a mixture of buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. If you have time, let them marinate overnight. When you're ready to cook them, make the breading by combining the flour.