Fried Chicken Strips.
You can have Fried Chicken Strips using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Strips
- Prepare 4 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable Shortening (I prefer Crisco).
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
Fried Chicken Strips step by step
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise and rinse chicken in cold water..
- Place flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to gallon sized zip lock bag or a Tupperware container with lid. Shake well..
- Add chicken strips to flour mixture in bag or container and shake well..
- Pull floured chicken out of bag, shake off excess flour and lay on plate..
- Heat Crisco Shortening in large iron skillet or skillet with weighted bottom on medium high heat..
- When Shortening has melted and is good and hot, lay chicken strips in skillet and fry on first side for approx. 5 minutes..
- Turn chicken strips over and fry for approx. 5 minutes..
- Turn chicken again and fry any pieces that are not golden brown and crispy for 1-2 minutes longer. Take chicken out when done and lay on a paper towel in a plate to wick up excess oil..
- I like fried chicken crispy on the outside, but tender and juicy on the inside. If you prefer a more moist fried chicken, cover with lid while cooking after turning chicken the first time..
- You will know chicken is done as the noise level from the chicken frying decreases..