Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars). Great recipe for Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars). In the cheese and wine section of high-end supermarkets, you can find fig logs with nuts. When the mixture stiffens to the consistency of cookie dough, roll into a log, put in a plastic bag, and set in the refrigerator. (If it's too soft, put it in the freezer.) Cheese boards and starters.
Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars) Recipe by cookpad.japan. Find this Pin and more on Appetizer by bsksak. Made of rolled corrugated cardboard, these logs are coated with plaster to add texture and a clean birch look. You can cook Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars)
- It’s of a blend of dried figs and pitted prunes (without oil coating), at a 3 to 2 ratio, to desired taste and consistency.
- Prepare to taste of raisins, walnuts, or other nuts of your choice.
- Prepare of honey, to adjust the firmness.
- It’s to taste of any seeds, nuts, or dried fruits or your choice (optional).
The cut ends are reminiscent of the rings in big, hefty logs, and the handmade appeal brings a special, fireless warmth that a pile of wooden logs can't produce. So put away your axe, get out. manufacturers and suppliers of fig logs from around the world. Figs and fig trees, fig propagation, fig varieties, zone specific fig types, fig trading; our members (beginners thru experienced collectors) communicate with and are supported by our expert fig hobbyists and professional fig growers alike. Join us as we discuss our passions in an open, friendly.
Raw Fig Logs (Faux Lärabars) step by step
- You can use either the pale colored or blackish prunes. The original version uses black prunes..
- (If you use only black figs, these will turn out soft, and will not harden in the refrigerator; store them in the freezer instead.).
- Remove any stems from the figs..
- Run the figs and prunes through the food processor. If the mixture is too firm, add honey..
- Mix in the raisins and chopped walnuts..
- When the mixture stiffens to the consistency of cookie dough, roll into a log, put in a plastic bag, and set in the refrigerator. (If it's too soft, put it in the freezer.).
- After about 2-3 days, it will firm up enough to cut. Slice into desired sizes..
- These also make great drinking snacks with cheese, and also make a good snack for dieters..
- Note: If you don't have a food processor or only have a small capacity food processor, this amount may be too much and may break your machine, so be careful..
These homemade larabars are made with dried cherries, dates, and almonds. Faux reclaimed wood paneling is a design innovation that achieves the appearance and texture of real wood rescued from old barns. Containing all the nicks, nail holes, and grains of vintage wood, these panels bring you a rustic look that inspires the relaxed feel of the countryside. Contribute to debruine/faux development by creating an account on GitHub. My understanding is its only purpose is when you need to work offline.