Southern Fried Chicken. Southern Fried Chicken, is a British-based fast food outlet headquartered in Reading, England. It operates a franchise network in the United Kingdom and worldwide. Fantastic franchise opportunity with UK's premier brand for a simply lip licking flavour.
The Food Lab's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. For me, as a kid growing up in New York, fried chicken came from one place, and one place only: those grease-stained cardboard buckets peddled. Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! You can have Southern Fried Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken
- It’s 2 cup of Self Rising Flour.
- You need 1 of whole chicken quartered, or buy already portioned.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 of enough vegetable oil to cover chicken in cast iron skillet.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! Step-by-step overview of how to make southern fried chicken in an air fryer. Southern Fried Chicken recipe prepared with well balanced spices to bring out the best of fried chicken. #HappyCookingToYou Written Recipe. For a Southern classic, fry up a batch of Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken from Food Network.
Southern Fried Chicken instructions
- Clean and wash chicken pieces..
- Place chicken in bowl of cold water. Add salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour..
- While chicken is soaking in salt bath, mix flour with season salt, garlic powder and pepper..
- Deep cast iron skillet are the best for frying chicken. Add enough vegetable oil to completely cover chicken…about 3/4 the way up the pan..
- Drain water off chicken and season with more garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper directly on chicken and place chicken in plastic bag with the flour….shake bag of flour excessively until completely coated..
- Sprinkle flour in oil, if it bubbles its ready to drop chicken..if not add allow to get a tad more heated. Do not place chicken in extremely hot oil as it will burn and not be fully cooked on the inside..
- Fry chicken til golden, drain grease on paper towel……
Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer then white meat. Thanks Paula Deen (FoodTV) for the best fried chicken I have ever made! It has a nice, savory flavor and a coating that has just the right. Southern fried chicken also travels without refrigeration much better than other meats and served African Americans well during the segregation years when they were not permitted in restaurants.