Fried Chicken: The PERFECT breading.
You can have Fried Chicken: The PERFECT breading using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fried Chicken: The PERFECT breading
- It’s 8 of Chicken Tenders.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 quart of oil (I used canola).
Fried Chicken: The PERFECT breading instructions
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cayenne, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken in the bowl and make sure it's completely submerged. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Take out 30-45 minutes before you want to cook it so it can cool to room temp (makes the skin stay better).
- In another LARGE bowl. Combine the flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Remove the chicken from the dredge and place into the flour mix. Toss around, remove and place on wire rack. LEAVE for 20 minutes! This is also crucial in keeping the skin on..
- Meanwhile… heat up the oil! Pour oil into large pot (you can use smaller if you want, but I like to avoid splatter all over my stove top) Turn up the heat! I hiiiighly recommend an oil thermometer.. that way you can make sure the temp stays 375..
- When ready. I placed the chicken on a wire spoon and lowered into the fryer. Fully submerged 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Mine varied but was half way between those for the most part. Fry them until they're a golden brown and look DELICIOUS. Also, you can cut into them and see if it's cooked through, skin will stay where it's supposed to :).
- When chicken is done cooking, remove them and place on another wire rack (that is cleaned and doesn't have raw chicken juices!) or in a strainer. Don't place on paper towels, will increase sogginess. Waiting on some people? Stick these babies in the oven on LOW to keep warm. ENJOY!.
- want the sauce to go with it? that's coming next!.