Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF. Season with salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cocoa powder This recipe is a fantastic twist on traditional chicken soup/stew with a mexican flare. The nutrients from the chicken sweet potatoes and tomatoes make. The sweet potatoes go into the oven, and you toss the chicken in the remaining oil mixture and let it marinate while the sweet potatoes get started cooking.
In a large bowl, combine together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste. This new recipe from my new cookbook Half Hour Hero has got big thumbs up from anyone who has tried it including Bradley! ► Order "Half hour Hero". This hearty sweet potato hash recipe with chicken and eggs is perfect for Sunday brunch, lunch or even a light dinner. You can have Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 500 g of skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced.
- Prepare of Black pepper to season.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 350 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 50 g of dried figs, chopped.
- Prepare of fresh coriander / cilantro to garnish.
- It’s 500 g of sweet potatoes, peeled & diced.
The sweet potatoes are sauteed with onions and thyme that make the whole dish feel like fall. It's delicious, and a great way to use up any leftovers from a rotisserie chicken. Chicken Sweet Potato Curry is both gluten free and dairy free. It's a big bowl of savory comfort food that is full of flavorful Indian spices.
Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Spray a tagine or large heavy pan with oil and place on a medium-high heat.
- Lightly season and brown the chicken then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the pan down to medium-low and fry off the onion for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ginger, garlic, tomato puree, ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Cook down for a further 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir through to coat.
- Add the stock, figs and sweet potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Partially cover the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Take the lid off and let the liquid reduce for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Srason to taste and serve with rice or cous cous, garnish with some fresh coriander.
Onion – balances blood sugar levels + immunity fighter. Turmeric – has incredible anti-inflammatory benefits. Sweet Potatoes – Vitamin A powerhouse and is better for. Crisp, tender sweet potatoes complete this emergency meal with a filling, low GI rating, while the peppers and onion smash flavours all through the chicken. First, all you're going to do is roast your sweet potatoes first in all the flavours until they are just beginning to soften.