Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻. Straight from Taiwan, these savory popcorn chicken bites are addictively delicious. These Taiwanese popcorn chicken bites are addictively delicious. I am sure everybody loves these crunchy little chicken bits.
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. If you loved Fried Chicken, you are going to LOVE this recipe! Taiwanese Fried Chicken is one of my favourite dishes to order when I go out for Bubble Tea. You can cook Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻
- You need 700 gr of Boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Soy souce.
- You need 1 tsp of 5 Spices powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Minced ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pack of Tapioca starch.
Taiwanese popcorn chicken is one of many must-try street foods for those visiting Taiwan. Taiwanese popcorn chicken, also referred to as Crispy Chicken or Salt and Pepper Chicken, is a popular snack often found at tapioca/boba tea cafes. The crunchy bite-sized pieces of chicken are dusted with a special mix of seasoning which makes them quite addicting. I first had Taiwanese popcorn chicken in the middle of a bustling night market in Taipei.
Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Place in the large bowl..
- Add all ingredients into the bowl except tapioca powder, and mix it up..
- Marinate the chicken chunks about 10 mnt..
- Place half tapioca starch in the large bowl, then deep the chicken in one by one with tapioca starch. Place it on the plate..
- Once powdered process done, cover the plate with plastic film. Put the chicken chunks into the fridge. Leave it around 30 mnt. So the marination would be great and tastier..
- Once ready to deep frying process, remove the chicken from the fridge..
- Mix chicken chunks with half of tapioca flour. So it would b 2x powdered process..
- And now ready to deep frying. Deep fry with 350 F, until half brown. Remove it. Repeat deep frying once more, until golden brown. It is 2x deep frying process, just for crunchies purpose..
- We can find 5 spices powder and cooking wine at the Asian store so easy..
- Serve it on the plate, springkle with chilly powder and lil bit pepper powder as desire. Its really good..!! 😚😚😚 love it !!.
Amid all of the culinary wonders of Taiwan's street food paradise (braised pork rice! scallion pancakes! red bean cakes!), popcorn chicken seemed almost mundane, scooped unceremoniously into a little paper. Recipe by kangningchang. if you've ever been to Taiwan, you've prob. had this at one point! if not, you're missing out! these are the approximate measurements i use, add more or less soy sauce to get your desired saltiness. sweet potato starch is used to coat the. Taiwanese popcorn chicken is known by many names and it is one of the iconic street food items, enjoyed throughout the country. The dish is usually served without an accompanying sauce, but it frequently comes garnished with deep-fried basil leaves. Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken recipe: Commonly found in every Taiwan street food market, the usually large salty chicken piece is served as small cubes, very popular here in California.