Spicy Fried Chicken.
You can cook Spicy Fried Chicken using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spicy Fried Chicken
- You need of brine.
- You need 2 liters of Buttermilk.
- It’s 4 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 of Onion (grated).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sea salt.
- You need 4 Lbs of Chicken Pieces (legs, breasts, etc.).
- Prepare of egg wash.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Hot Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of crushed Chili Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Poultry Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Celery Salt.
Spicy Fried Chicken step by step
- Combine the Brine ingredients in a pot and mix thoroughly, the add chicken pieces. Refrigerate for 12 hours..
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse quickly to remove brine. Combine all seasonings except flour for the seasoning mixture. Divide seasoning in half. In a large bowl add the flour to the one half the seasonings..
- Sprinkle the chicken with the other half of the seasonings, use the entire amount..
- Mix your egg wash ingredients in a large bowl..
- Now set your dredging station so you have your egg mixture, seasoning mixture, and a plate..
- Dredge chicken as follows. Seasoning mixture, egg wash, and seasoning mixture a second time. Set on plate..
- Deep fry the chicken at 350°F for the following times. If using whole chicken pieces, 16 minutes. If using boneless chicken breast cut into strips, 8 minutes..
- Let rest on paper towels for 5 minutes. Serve..