French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs. Add the sliced banana to the frying pan and caramelize. Serve fresh with the French toast hot cross buns, alongside the yoghurt, cinnamon to dust, the figs and almonds. How to make easy breakfast Banana French Toast.
Cook just enough to coat all sides with bubbling butter/sugar mixture, and carmelize slightly. Use up any hot cross buns left over from Good Friday breakfast in this sweetly spiced hot cross bun French toast. This recipe is courtesy of Jamie Lift the bun out the skillet and repeat the dipping and frying process with the remaining bun halves. You can have French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs
- You need 2 of free-range eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of milk.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon, plus extra to dust the final dish with.
- You need 2 of hot cross buns(preferably a day/two days old).
- You need 1 of banana sliced.
- It’s 4 of figs gently torn in half.
- It’s 1 handful of almonds to garnish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt to serve.
- Prepare 1 of glug of olive oil.
Serve warm, topped with sugar, berries, and yogurt. Caramelized bananas are amazing on ice cream, French toast, cheesecakes and more. Each one uses the same ingredients of butter, brown sugar, and bananas, but the methodology is different. We found that the stove top method produced the best results.
French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs instructions
- In a frying pan, heat to medium- high heat, add the olive oil and bring to a light sizzle..
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk together, adding a pinch of cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Cut the hot cross buns in half and dip the both sides of the halves in the egg mixture..
- Add the egg dipped hot cross buns to the heated frying pan and cook for 2-5 minutes until golden brown and toasty..
- Add the sliced banana to the frying pan and caramelize..
- Serve fresh with the French toast hot cross buns, alongside the yoghurt, cinnamon to dust, the figs and almonds..
Serve with easy caramelized bananas and maple syrup! This recipe uses gluten-free bread and a vegan batter so that everyone at the table can enjoy a slice. Combined with chia seeds and chopped pecans To make this banana french toast, you'll need good-quality sandwich bread, your favorite nut milk, bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, chia seeds. If you French toast your hot cross buns, then all we can Especially as the seasonal delight of hot cross buns begins to wane when you've had them with every topping conceivable icing sugar, plain yogurt and berry compote (or fresh berries), to serve. Method: For the toast; in a shallow dish whisk.