Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich. This is one of my favorites; because is easy to maked and light on the taste buds. Take chicken dip it into the egg mixture, then coat it in the flour-seasoning mixture. And if you don't have a deep fryer, don't worry!
Oven-frying chicken on a sheet pan is one of the easiest ways to get crispy chicken without the fussiness of deep-frying. The trick is to coat the chicken Build the sandwiches: Stir the mustard and honey together in a small bowl. The mouth-watering taste of Southern Fried Chicken is also available in the sandwich and wrap range, a great option for people who are on the move. You can cook Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich
- It’s 1/2 of chicken breast, pound out evenly.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk, marinating.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs & 1/4 cup buttermilk; whisk together.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sweet paperika.
- Prepare 11/2 tsp. of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of celery salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried mustard.
- Prepare 11/2 tsp. of ginger.
- Prepare of sprinkle w/ accent or cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 of lettuce leaf.
- Prepare 1 slice of tomato.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Hellmanns real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of english muffin or bun of choice.
- It’s 2 cups of peanut oil or vegetable oil.
Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet; season with salt. Easy to make and worth it. I followed the directions and made the sauce (yummy) first. Then I made the slaw, was not.
Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich step by step
- Pound out chicken evenly; about a 1/4 inch thickness..
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk for 2 to 4 hrs. Discard leftover marinate..
- Beat together eggs and 1/4 cup of buttermilk; set aside..
- Sift together flour and seasonings into a large bowl; set aside..
- Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat..
- Take chicken dip it into the egg mixture, then coat it in the flour-seasoning mixture. Set aside for about 2 to 3 minutes to allow mixture to adhere to the chicken..
- Carefully lay chicken into the heated oil and fry until golden brown; about 4 minutes per side..
- Remove, set aside on paper towel..
- Toast english muffin or bun of choice..
- Spread both halves with mayonnaise, then layer chicken on bottom half first, then top with lettuce leaf and tomato; secure the top half of muffin or bun. Enjoy! Ya'll….
That's a lot of unattended prep time before you get around to frying them in a slurry of lard and butter flavored with country ham. This is a time commitment, but the result — cooked in a cast-iron pan — is food to impress, and impress. This Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich is a play on an unforgettable sandwich I had years ago. My sister took me to restaurant in Boise called "Donnie I ordered this chicken sandwich and I LOVED it. Southern Fried Chicken, is a British-based fast food outlet headquartered in Reading, England.