Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll.
You can cook Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll
- You need 200 grams of Figs / Anjir.
- Prepare 200 grams of Dates / Khajur.
- You need 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of Pistachios.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Poppy seeds / Khus Khus.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Ghee.
Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll step by step
- Wash the figs thoroughly and them soak them in warm water for 30 minutes minutes. This step not only cleans the figs but also softens them which eases in their chopping and grinding..
- Drain the water from the figs. Wipe them with kitchen towel and chop them..
- Deseed the dates and chop them finely..
- Using a food processor or grinder pulse the chopped dates and figs to a paste without adding any water..
- In a wok, heat ghee on a medium flame. Lower the flame and add the chopped nuts and shallow fry them until fragrant..
- Add poppy seeds to the nuts and stir fry for few seconds..
- Add the figs and dates mixture to the nuts and poppy seeds.
- Mix well and put off the flame..
- Let the mixture cool down enough to handle. Now roll the mixture using an aluminium foil to a thick long log(cylinder shape). Wrap the log completely with the aluminium sheet or cling film..
- Refrigerate the log for 4-5 hours or overnight so that it becomes firm and hard enough to be cut into roundels..
- Cut the roll into roundels of desired thickness using a sharp knife. These roundels can be stored at room temperature for 10- 15 days and up to a month on refrigeration..