Southern Fried Chicken. Southern Fried Chicken, is a British-based fast food outlet headquartered in Reading, England. It operates a franchise network in the United Kingdom and worldwide. Fantastic franchise opportunity with UK's premier brand for a simply lip licking flavour.
The Food Lab's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. For me, as a kid growing up in New York, fried chicken came from one place, and one place only: those grease-stained cardboard buckets peddled. Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! You can have Southern Fried Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken
- You need 2 of beaten eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! Step-by-step overview of how to make southern fried chicken in an air fryer. Southern Fried Chicken recipe prepared with well balanced spices to bring out the best of fried chicken. #HappyCookingToYou Written Recipe. For a Southern classic, fry up a batch of Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken from Food Network.
Southern Fried Chicken step by step
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl..
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it..
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture..
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through..
- Drain it on paper towels and serve..
Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer then white meat. Thanks Paula Deen (FoodTV) for the best fried chicken I have ever made! It has a nice, savory flavor and a coating that has just the right. Southern fried chicken also travels without refrigeration much better than other meats and served African Americans well during the segregation years when they were not permitted in restaurants.