Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce. Fry on medium low until browned and cooked through. Plate rice, then top with chicken. The top with sauce, garnish with basil.
If you are vegetarian (holler), vegan or have shellfish allergies, you'll want to find a panang curry paste that doesn't contain shrimp or fish sauce. I have ordered Panang chicken curry numerous times at Thai restaurants, and experimented with homemade version nearly as many times. Simmer the curry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. You can cook Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 cups of panko.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of each; garlic powder, dry mustard, ginger, sea salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 of servings white rice, prepared.
- Prepare 1 of lg shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 of baby bok choy, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 of seranno peppers, seeded and minced.
- It’s 3 Oz of oyster mushrooms, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced.
- Prepare 8 of leaves, thai basil. Chopped, plus some for garnish.
- You need 2 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 jar of panang curry simmer sauce.
Stir in Thai basil leaves and you have a. Panang curry with chicken represents the diversity of Thailand's southern region. Panang refers to the island of Penang in Northern Malaysia bordering southern Thailand. Thai chicken panang curry is a rich curry with complex flavors.
Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce instructions
- Add shallot, bok choy, pepper, and mushroom to a heated fry pan with a little oil. Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and spices in a bowl. Eggs in another, and panko in another. In another fry pan heat oil for frying on medium low.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in oven or microwave. Until soft. Set aside to cool. When cool cube to 1 ".
- When veggies are tender, add zucchini and basil. Cook 4 more minutes. Add sauce and potatoes. Simmer on low until sauce thickens slightly..
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then panko. Fry on medium low until browned and cooked through..
- Plate rice, then top with chicken. The top with sauce, garnish with basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Fry curry until you see oil separates from the curry paste. Prior to adding fish sauce, taste your curry. There is a great amount of salt in store bought. Thai panang chicken curry (also spelled penang like the northern Malaysian state) features a warm, rich red curry with flavor notes from Malaysia, Burma, and India. Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients in the Thai panang sauce.