Tamarind and figs chutney. finally, use the prepared tamarind chutney / tamarind date chutney in preparing sev puri, bhel puri or pani puri. most noteworthy, use seedless dates and tamarind, else tamarind chutney will turn bitter while blending to puree. also, dilute the chutney as desired just before serving to increase the shelf life. Tamarind chutney or imli chutney is a sweet sour & flavorful Indian condiment used in chaats. I dilute the tamarind chutney with little water to bring to consistency when needed.
Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. This is also delicious as a dipping Tamarind Chutney, Tamarind Sauce. This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a zesty condiment. You can cook Tamarind and figs chutney using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tamarind and figs chutney
- Prepare 100 gms of Tamarind.
- You need 8 of figs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of jaggery.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Whole red chilli.
- Prepare To taste of Salt and black salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly ground jeera powder.
This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east. This is a soft smooth chutney inspired by the classic Indian tamarind chutney, perfect to serve with papadums or as a side relish for curries or grilled food. Sweet Tamarind Dates Chutney Recipe with step by step photos. Easy to make Sweet & Tangy Chutney for Chaat Recipes.
Tamarind and figs chutney instructions
- Assemble in a steel pot the following items along with 1 cup water. Tamarind, figs, jaggery, ginger,salt and chilli..
- Keep the pot on gas and boil for 10 minutes..
- Remove from gas and cool it..
- Grind everything together till a fine pulp is formed..
- Seive it to remove extra fibres..
- Pour it over bhel or serve it cooled..
- Serve the bhel..
I learnt Chutney whilst my Home Science classes and have been following this recipe since then. This sweet tamarind chutney can be had for making chaat items. Empowering Indian artisans and craftspersons through product design, market access, and profit sharing. Add the tamarind paste and seasoning. Boil till thick enough to coat the back of a spoon thinly.