You can cook Green Salsa using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Green Salsa
- It’s 2 of poblano peppers, blackened and skinned.
- Prepare 4 of medium tomatillos, quartered.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Knorr's Chicken Flavor Bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Green Salsa instructions
- Blacken the poblano peppers by either grilling them or directly placing on a gas burner until all sides of the pepper's skin is black. Then place them in a concealed plastic bag to allow the skin to steam off. Set aside..
- Saute tomatillos, onion, garlic and olive oil on medium low heat for 30 minutes. The tomatillos will turn to an olive green color. If the vegetables start to stick to the pan add a 1/4 cup of water..
- Meanwhile, peel the the skin from the blackened peppers and remove the seeds and stems..
- In a blender, puree cilantro, blackened poblano peppers and roasted vegetables with their juices. This will have to happen in shifts. If liquid is needed, add water.
- Heat up vegestable oil on medium high, add the puree, chicken bouillon, cumin and oregano. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!.