Southern style fried chicken legs. "Southern-style Fried Chicken cooked in an Air Fryer! Easy recipe that creates a crunchy, golden, crisp fried chicken". I mean, can chicken fried in air REALLY taste like it was fried in oil like the reviews are saying???
On a large plate, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt. How to cook prepare southern fried chicken legs the way it's made down south. This is a basic Southern fried chicken recipe and the only one you will ever need. You can have Southern style fried chicken legs using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern style fried chicken legs
- Prepare 4-5 of chicken legs, washed.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Chicken pieces are fried to perfection with a seasoned flour coating. Can you say Southern-Style Chicken and Waffles??? As per tradition, we're highlighting the areas of the country where the two competing teams are from. Instead of frying chicken legs, thighs, breasts and wings — which can take upwards of an hour or more behind a hot grease filled pot, I opt for.
Southern style fried chicken legs step by step
- Mix dry ingredients in a ziploc bag, it’s easiest for coating this way. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a bowl..
- Put oil in a pan and heat to 350.
- Dip chicken in flour and spice mixture then buttermilk egg mix then back in flour spice mixture. Immediately place in hot frying pan and fry about 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat until crispy and brown. Great plain or you can toss in bbq or hot sauce. Pairs great with Mac and cheese, green beans, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, potato wedges, salad or mashed potatoes and gravy..
Combine flour and chicken seasoning on a plate. Deep-fry chicken until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Learn how to make Southern-style fried chicken & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Use packaged coleslaw mix, a splash of vinegar, a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and a big dollop of plain fat-free yogurt for richness.