Korean fried chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Korean fried chicken or KFC, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chikin.
When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! You can cook Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- Prepare 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Korean fried chicken is typically crispy and crunchy, achieved by double-frying and with creative batter mixes. It's a modern Korean take-out food and drinking snack often served with beer and. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious!
Korean fried chicken instructions
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love. Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. This fried chicken is crispier than most American versions as it is fried twice. Serve with kimchi and soju for an authentic Korean lunch. Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness "I've always considered myself something of a fried chicken expert.