Tonkatsu / Chicken katsu. Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is chicken fillet breaded with flour, egg, and Japanese panko breadcrumbs, then deep-fried until golden brown. It's the chicken counterpart of Tonkatsu, pork cutlet. "This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu – Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken.
Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. Great recipe for Tonkatsu / Chicken katsu. You can cook Tonkatsu / Chicken katsu using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tonkatsu / Chicken katsu
- You need of Chicken breast 500g (it can be other meat too).
- You need 100 g of flour.
- It’s 2-3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of oil for deep frying.
Japanese deep fry of pork, chicken, fish, whatever you Cut chicken into slices. Thicker or thinner, completely to your taste! Chicken Katsu cooked in a Japanese home kitchen. Out of many KATSU out there, the most well known is Tonkatsu.
Tonkatsu / Chicken katsu step by step
- Cut chicken into slices. Thicker or thinner, completely to your taste! But no more than 1/2 inch thick..
- Salt and pepper chicken and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Coat chicken with wheat flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry for 2-3 min, if thin. 4-5 minutes if thick..
Tonkatsu is a fried Japanese pork cutlet that's usually served with a sweet and savory spiced fruit sauce. My version features a tender thick-cut rib-chop that's been dredged in panko breadcrumbs and. Chicken katsu is always served with tangy tonkatsu sauce—a thick, brown Japanese barbecue sauce made with Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and other seasonings. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed.