Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken.
You can cook Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken
- You need 1 of (approx 900 gm) whole chicken with skin on.
- You need 5 tbsp of clarified butter.
- It’s 1 of +1 onion peeled and whole.
- You need 1 tsp of mastic powder.
- It’s 750 ml of water.
- Prepare 4 of green cardamom.
- You need 3 of bay leaf.
- It’s of marinade.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 of juice of lemon.
Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash and clean the chicken from inside and out side.Pat dry completely..
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and apply it all over the chicken rubbing a little marinade inside the chicken cavity as well..
- Tie the chicken legs and wings tightly tucked in so that the chicken retain it's shape..
- Place the chicken on a plate and clingfilm it.Refrigerate overnight..
- Next day bringthe chicken down to room temperature..
- In a deep pot heat butter.Lightly fry whole onion in the clarified butter until brown..
- Add the chicken; fry on all sides until a light golden colour..
- Add water,green cardamom,bay leaves and mastic powder. Cover with a lid and let cook on simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Turn heat off and leave the chicken in hot broth for 5 minutes..
- Remove it from the broth..
- Heat remaining clarified butter in a skillet. Fey chicken over high heat turning until golden brown on ali sides. Serve..