Relish For Multiple Reasons.
You can cook Relish For Multiple Reasons using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Relish For Multiple Reasons
- You need of Relish.
- Prepare 1 of large green tomato.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dill pickle relish.
- Prepare 1 of young onion with green top.
- Prepare 2/3 pound of bacon.
- Prepare 12 ounces of coleslaw mix.
- Prepare of Spices and addins.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Heinz Chili sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 2/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Liquid.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bacon drippings.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar raw unfiltered with the mother.
Relish For Multiple Reasons step by step
- Render the bacon. Once crispy set aside and reserve the drippings. I did mine in batches..
- Wash and chop the onion..
- Wash and remove the stem mark cut it into squares. Now you can dice the tomato..
- Get the coleslaw mix and chop fine. Chop the bacon fine. Add the spice to the coleslaw mixture..
- Add the bacon, dill relish, and the chili sauce to the mixture. Mix very well..
- Pack it into the jar..
- Heat the apple cider vinegar with the drippings and sugar. Add as needed to the slaw mixture packed in the jar..
- Add the lid let cool and refrigerate. Make a couple of days before you want to use it..
- I had extra liquids and slaw mix so I emptied a jar and added both to the jar. You may have bacon drippings formed on top, that has become solid. If so just skim and discard..