Fig and feta salad – vegetarian. Fig And Feta Salad With Arugula And. Salad: Wipe the fresh figs gently, and cut them in half. Adding feta cheese to a salad makes it so much special.
The combination of mint and feta (in the salad) goes extremely well with all the other ingredients. And then there's this gloriously simple Fig and Feta Salad that leaves the figs to shine in all their honey-roasted glory. You could of course swop in gorgonzola or goats cheese for the feta, but this is what I usually have hanging around in my fridge and it works beautifully. You can cook Fig and feta salad – vegetarian using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig and feta salad – vegetarian
- Prepare 6 of fresh figs: make a deep cross at the top end but don’t cut all the way through.
- You need 100 g of feta or goats cheese, crumbled or cut into small chunks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts, halves or pieces.
- It’s of rocket / baby leaf/ chicory/ watercress – bitter leaves work better because of the sweetness of the figs.
- It’s of For the marinade:.
- You need 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 3 of thyme sprigs.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Come and try our delicious recipe for feta, fig and cranberry salad. This simple salad has a bit of a festive flavour, and would make an unusual starter on Christmas day. Alternatively, it makes a tasty dinner party starter or lunchtime treat served with some crusty bread. This summery lunch salad takes advantage of tofu's chameleon-like qualities.
Fig and feta salad – vegetarian instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Make the marinade for the figs: mix the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, water, thyme sprigs and salt..
- Put the figs into an ovenproof dish and pour the marinade over them. Roast the figs in the oven for about 15 mins..
- Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5-10 mins until fragrant..
- While those are in the oven, make the salad dressing. I’ve used the same flavours as the marinade so mix the dressing ingredients together: pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil..
- Place the salad leaves in a big bowl. Scatter the feta over the leaves. And drizzle the dressing over too..
- Once the walnuts are ready, scatter those over the leaves too..
- You can keep the figs whole or cut them into smaller pieces. Enjoy!.
For a bigger contrast between sweet For the tofu feta: Combine the nutritional yeast flakes with the lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl; let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve the yeast. Fig and Feta Salad. by: becky scott. Arrange figs cut-side up on a platter and sprinkle with feta and torn mint leaves. Fig and feta salad – vegetarian. There are so many figs around at the moment.