Fig jam. Making and canning your own fig jam is easy. If you've never tasted it, homemade fig jam is quite amazing. If you like strawberry jam, you'll love fig jam.
This fig jam is so delicious and so easy and quick to make with sun-dried figs. I love the enhanced figgie flavor from the dried figs, the hint of lemon and the crunchy seeds of this sweet treat! This homemade fig jam recipe is made without pectin. You can cook Fig jam using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. This is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig jam
- You need 5 kg of figs.
- It’s 5 kg of sugar.
- It’s 4 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of whole lemons.
The figs are combined with lemon juice and sugar and then simmered until it reaches the gel stage. This supersimple fig jam recipe—just figs, sugar and lemon juice—can be easily upgraded with white port and rosemary for an extra special treat. Fig jam is a delightful accompaniment to a cheese platter, cheesecake or fresh bread. While it's available in the stores, you can't beat the flavor of freshly made jam from ripe figs.
Fig jam instructions
- Cut figs in 8 and half the lemons and let soak for 3 hours with all the other ingredients.
- Slowly start heating your casserole..
- Stir all the time to stop your jam from burning.
- Cook for 2 hours, the jam is ready when it does not run from a cold plate.
- Sterilize your pots and jar.
Fig jam recipe with step by step photos – This easy, delicious and healthy jam is made with fresh figs and powdered jaggery. In the absence of jaggery, you can use sugar though. There is something comfortably familiar about fig jam. If you love homemade jam and you've got some fresh figs handy, then this easy fig jam recipe is just what you need. Whether you buy fresh figs at the store.