Zucchini lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! I've made this dish a gazillion times and even. Thin slices of zucchini stand in for noodles in this lasagna.
It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. You can have Zucchini lasagna using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Zucchini lasagna
- Prepare 4 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach.
- You need 1/2 of small yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 32 oz of jar pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 6 of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- It’s 15 oz of ricotta cheese, part skim.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano, dried flakes.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil leaves, for garnish.
- It’s 3 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays. I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that was healthy at the same time.
Zucchini lasagna step by step
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Spread into a single layer on a clean dish towel and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Blot up water with a paper towel..
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on the pans and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Broil for 10-20 minutes, flipping slices over once, until zucchini is tender and slightly browned on both sides..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add red pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Add pasta sauce to pot along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in ricotta, oregano, and parmesan..
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce into pan and top with a single layer of roasted zucchini. Place 3 noodles on top, followed by half the cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with half the remaining sauce and repeat the layer. Place the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F..
- Remove foil for last few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh julienned basil..
All the feels and flavors of lasagna but made with vegetable noodles instead of pasta. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious way to enjoy the lasagna flavor you love, without the noodles. This zucchini lasagna isn't a recipe to make on the hottest day of the year; join me in having To avail you of your CSA zucchini overload, this lasagna swaps thin-sliced zucchini for lasagna noodles. Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups are made with thin zucchini slices rolled around a delicious ricotta filling, then baked in tomato sauce and topped with cheese. A healthier, low carb lasagna option that's not.