Lasagna for Two. Top with two noodles, then top with half of the remaining meat. This Lasagna for Two Recipe is a classic lasagna but made for two people in a loaf pan. This is convenient when you want lasagna but don't want to make a huge amount for tons of people!
I usually won't make lasagna because of the large quantity recipes make but this was perfect! The reason I avoided making lasagna in the past was because I didn't want to be stuck with all the leftovers. But with this recipe, all you need is a loaf. You can have Lasagna for Two using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Lasagna for Two
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 lb of Ground Turkey.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of Tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cheese pasta sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of Fresh ground pepper.
- It’s of Cheese filling.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, beaten.
- You need 7 1/2 oz of Low-fat ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh spinach, chopped.
- It’s 6 of Lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Sheet pans of lasagna are known to feed a crowd, but surely there's a way to scale down this classic to serve just two. The first piece of the puzzle was as close at hand as our baking shelves—a loaf pan. One day when I craved lasagna, I devised this simple recipe and it worked out beautifully. Sometimes a whole lasagna is just too much.
Lasagna for Two instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Brown ground turkey with garlic and onions over medium-high heat. Add in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and ground black pepper. After a few minutes, add in pasta sauce and simmer, reducing heat to medium-low..
- Partially cook the lasagna noodles, boiling for 3-4 minutes..
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together egg, ricotta, cup of mozzarella, spinach, and half teaspoon Italian seasoning..
- Pour 1/3 of the meat sauce into the bottom of a greased loaf pan. Cover with two lasagna noodles, trimming ends if needed. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Cover with meat sauce. Repeat noodles, cheese, and sauce for two more layers. Top the last layer of sauce with the remaining mozzarella cheese..
- Cover loaf pan loosely with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove parchment paper and cook for an additional 15 minutes..
Perfectly sized lasagne for a romantic meal. But since I am an empty nester now, finding times I can bake that and use it effectively has become more difficult. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners. I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. If you love lasagna as much as we do, but only make it when you have family and friends over because it makes too much or takes too much time, give this recipe a try.