Lower sodium Lasagna. If Italian food is your thing and you are on a low sodium diet, you are probably missing lasagna. If that's sounds like you, you will love this recipe with its hearty sauce, sausage, and cheese. Creamy Tomato Soup (vegan/low Fat/paleo/low Sodium), Low Fat Low Sodium Delicious Fresh Herb Turkey Meatballs, Chicken Fajatia's – Low Fat/low.
Low sodium in the blood can cause confusion, lethargy, and nausea. Lasagna – Low Sodium and Gluten-Free Everyone loves lasagna, My challenge was creating a lasagna that's low sodium, but high flavor. You can cook Lower sodium Lasagna using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Lower sodium Lasagna
- You need 1 lb of hot ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can no salt crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 (6 oz) of can no salt tomato paste.
- It’s 2 (6.5 oz) of cans no salt tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoons of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of pkg Italian shredded cheese.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of mozzarella cheese slices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of funnel seeds.
- It’s 8 of lasagna noodles.
As a bonus, this recipe is. Taste of Home's list of low-sodium recipes, includes low-sodium chicken recipes, fast and easy low-sodium The low-sodium recipes in this collection will help you whip up tasty, healthy meals. Luckily, there are plenty of naturally lower-sodium cheeses to choose from. From lasagna to manicotti, this neutral cheese is light and airy to enough to offset the heartiness of many Italian dishes.
Lower sodium Lasagna step by step
- Brown sausage and ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain grease.
- In large pan, mix crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce with seasoned sausage and ground beef. Add sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley,.
- Simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally..
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, rise with cold water. Drain.
- In mixing bowl, mix ricotta with egg, remaining parsley.
- Spread 1 1/2 cu meat sauce in 9×13 baking dish. Layer 4 noodles over sauce. 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture. Top with Italian cheese. Repeat layer. Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Cover with foil. Make sure foil doesn't stick to cheese by spraying with Pam spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners. I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. The lasagna that cuts carbs, boosts your veggie servings and is gluten-free: this easy dinner recipe uses slices of roasted eggplant and zucchini as the "noodles" in this healthy lasagna. I altered the ingredients to make a lasagna for the more health-conscious. Low Sodium Information Including Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Causes, Videos, Forums, and local community support.