Figs with Honey-Cream and Pistachios. For game night, I made this fig tart with honey and pistachios. It's a sweet and classy tart. My inspiration came from cheese boards.
They're also super easy to stuff with cream cheese, goat cheese or labneh. Set aside to cool, then chop coarsely. We came across Nigella's figs with honey recipe in the new paperback version of her Italian inspired cookbook, Nigellissima. You can cook Figs with Honey-Cream and Pistachios using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Figs with Honey-Cream and Pistachios
- It’s 8 of black large figs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 60 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of pistachios.
In this episode of Sweet Treats, chef Tess Ward shows you how to make drunken honey figs. In this recipe I show you how to make a quick and fresh appetizer out of figs. It's a whipped ricotta with honey, stuffed inside tasty figs and topped off. Roasted Turkish Figs with Polish Honey.
Figs with Honey-Cream and Pistachios step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°. Take a knife and cut into the figs as if you wanted to cut them into quarters, downwards, but do not cut right through the bottom. Arrange them in a small oven tin, drizzle the olive oil over them and bake for 10 mins or until the figs are soft..
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and honey and let it bubble for about 1 -1 1/2 mins so that it is slightly condensed and reduced..
- Remove the figs from the oven and arrange them on a large plate, then pour the honeyed cream over them and scatter the chopped pistachios..
A blog about travel in Europe,Turkey and Australia, expat life in Istanbul, London, Warsaw and Melbourne Turkish Recipes Italian Recipes Figs With Honey Figs Benefits Turkish Sweets Turkish Breakfast Fish And Meat Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Pistachios. Fresh figs poached in a rich reduction of port wine, spices, and orange zest. Served with honey-scented whipped 'sour' cream. Cut each fig in half crosswise and place the fig pieces on a serving. Figs with pistachio-orange mascarpone on sour dough bread.