Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole. You don't go through all the work of making a bacon cheeseburger and fries; you can enjoy that classic flavor by pulling together a few simple ingredients, popping your casserole dish in the oven and waiting for a big, bold homemade dinner to be ready in less than an hour. We're always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked! This yummy casserole may be kind of a guilty pleasure, but it makes for a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
Try this easy Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe. This is easy hamburger casserole is a crowd please and the kids go crazy over it so it is a win-win in our family. It has become a regular in the dinner rotations. You can have Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon fried crisp and crumbled.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare of Large onion diced… (reserve a third of the onion for garnish).
- It’s 3 cups of shredded cheddar (I prefer aged).
- You need 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- You need 2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbls of Montreal steak spice.
- You need 1 tsp of sage.
- You need of Salt & pepper to personal preference.
- You need of Dill pickles sliced.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole – hamburger, bacon, cheese, cheese soup, sour cream and tater tots – what's not to love? We ate this twice in one day! Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later. Here is an easy crockpot recipe for bacon cheeseburger casserole with tater tots.
Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet Fry bacon until crisp set aside Reserve enough bacon grease to start frying Burger.
- Brown ground beef & 2/3 of the onion drain off excess Grease (I like waiting till the beef is halfway cooked before adding my onions) add Montreal steak spice salt pepper and sage to your taste and liking.
- Mix into ground beef… crumbled bacon, 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar cheese soup, 2 cups sour cream and pour mixture into 9 by 13 greased baking dish spreading it out evenly.
- Layer tater tots evenly in rows covering the entire surface of meat mixture & bake on the middle rack for 45 to 50 min. until tater tots are golden brown remove and top with remaining cheese return to oven until melted.
- I like to serve mine with sliced dill pickle chopped onion and it's not "bacon cheeseburger" without ketchup and mustard of course…. enjoy!.
Make this slow cooker dinner recipe idea for simple meal tonight. Top with bacon, tater tots, and shredded cheese. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly. Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot CasseroleLittle Blog in the Country. Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is everything you need for a cozy winter dinner.