Spaghetti Squash Lasagna. This Spaghetti Squash Lasagna is everything: Freezer-friendly, can be made ahead, perfectly portable, ideal for a potluck or a crowd, and makes enough for leftovers. This is an alternative to bland old spaghetti squash. It resembles baked Rigatoni and Lasagna.
Mozzarella, ricotta, meat sauce — the. What do you put on your Spaghetti Squash? I top mine with almost anything I love on pasta, like these easy Spaghetti Squash Sausage Lasagna Boats. You can have Spaghetti Squash Lasagna using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- You need 1 of large spaghetti squash, roasted.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground sausage (could also use ground beef or ground turkey).
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce (jarred or homemade).
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of dried basil.
- Prepare to taste of Italian seasoning and oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of chopped parsley, for garnish.
Bake the squash in advance to shorten prep time; squeeze the noodles dry, and store in a zip-top plastic bag in the refrigerator until. Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats – creamy ricotta, spaghetti squash, garlic kale, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and a quick simmer tomato sauce. Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Meat Casserole. During a recent grocery trip to ALDI, I picked up a spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna step by step
- You should already have your squash roasted when starting this recipe. Use a fork to remove the strands of squash from the shells and into a large bowl, if you haven't already done so, then set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8" baking dish and set aside..
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the ground sausage and cook until browned, breaking it apart as you cook. Drain any grease, if necessary..
- Add the seasonings and the marinara sauce to the skillet. Allow to come to a simmer and let simmer for 5 or so minutes, then remove from heat..
- Pour half of the sauce and meat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly across the bottom. Then spread half of the spaghetti squash over the top of the sauce..
- Spread 3/4 cup of the ricotta cheese over the squash, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese over the ricotta..
- Spread the remaining sauce and meat mixture over the cheeses and then top with the remaining squash. Repeat the layering of the remaining cheeses..
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. To brown the cheese more, switch the oven to broil after the 10 minutes are up and broil until the cheese is golden, about 2-3 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
I knew it'd be perfect to use as a pasta replacement in a new low carb recipe to try. This recipe for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole hits all the markers for a great comfort food recipe, and it feeds a crowd. It's rich, thick, gooey and just a little bit spicy. Bake the squash in advance to shorten prep time; squeeze the noodles dry, and store in a ziplock plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to use. You can also brown the turkey ahead of time.