Strawberry Fig Jam.
You can cook Strawberry Fig Jam using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Strawberry Fig Jam
- You need 4 cup of Chopped figs.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped strawberry.
- It’s 4 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 box of Sure jell or any pectin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Strawberry Fig Jam instructions
- Chop (or easiest way blender) up figs and strawberrys. I always have tons of figs so I make several batches but chop all ingredients first.
- Put 6 cups of fruit mixture (I say mixture bc I blend it all together) in large saucepan and turn on heat to medium.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix 1 1/2 packets of pectin with 1/2 cup of sugar then pour and stir in mixture until no lumps remain.
- Bring to a hard boil stirring constantly until the boil can't be stirred away then add remaining 3 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Stir until no lumps then cook for 10-12 minutes stirring constantly as burning can happen.
- Keep a spoon in ice water, dry it quickly then drizzle a small amount onto spoon to see if jam sets properly..
- If it doesn't there's 2 things you can do: 1 add cornstarch (that is dissolved all the way in a separate cup) to jam and test until it's to your liking or 2 add the other half or pectin with 1/2 cup of sugar and dissolve in jam.